Deals! Deals! Deals! Casinos are entertainment havens with fun-filled games, fabulous food, and extraordinary nightlife. But before you get started, it’s essential to do your homework. Never underestimate the real deal appeal of bonuses, promotional offers, coupons, and Groupons. Meticulous planning can save a pretty penny at the casino.
One such entertainment option is a casino cruise – those daily or nightly adventures on the high seas, in international waters where gambling is legal. Popular slot games, card games, table games, video poker, and sports betting attractions abound on cruise ships.
But why choose a casino cruise? Value for money. There’s no better in-person entertainment than a casino cruise. Play your cards right, and you may just get a terrific all-inclusive package. Embark upon an adventure with an unbeatable deal on cruise ship fees, meals, drinks, and free play vouchers. For a modest price of NZ$50 or thereabouts, casino players can enjoy all of these perks (terms and conditions apply) on all-inclusive cruise ships.
It’s essential to read the fine print of any casino cruise offer before you get all excited. For starters, the benefits of free play vouchers typically require players to wager a certain amount before the free play voucher is available for use.
Sometimes, free play vouchers are restricted to specific machines, or categories of casino games. In addition, players cannot exchange the voucher itself for cash – it needs to be wagered, and only winnings from the free play voucher are cashable. Regardless, free play vouchers are a fabulous benefit to casino cruise players.
One of the best perks of playing in a casino is free drinks. Given the high cost of beer, wine, and spirits at restaurants, casinos present as player-friendly enclaves for free alcohol and soft drinks. But therein lies the caveat: drinking alcohol clouds your judgement. This loss of faculties encourages reckless gambling – something you want to guard against. Know your limits. A glass or two of beer, wine, or spirits is enough to get into the swing of things, but not enough to derail your budget and leave you sorely wanting.
Best Tips for The Ultimate Casino Cruise
Numbers matter. We all know that. Unfortunately, many casino players are overwhelmed by the bright lights, the jingling-jangling sound of slot machine games, and the flashing jackpots all over the place. It’s time to stay focused when everything is stealing your attention. There are a few important things that players should know about casino games, notably:
- Many slot machine games are denominated in pennies, but that doesn’t mean it costs a penny to spin the reels. There’s a difference between a coin denomination and a minimum bet requirement. Be sure to read the rules of play (in the paytable) before spinning the reels. A 50-line penny slot game may require players to wager a certain number of lines. While it is a penny slot, the actual spin may cost NZ$0.50!
- Casino table games have higher minimum bet amounts. On cruise ships, these minimum bets typically start at NZ$5 on the low end for games like blackjack, baccarat, craps, roulette, and poker variants. Table minimums can go much higher than that – so bear that in mind when formulating a casino budget.
- The RTP (return to player) percentage for slots games is notoriously low for casino cruises. Plus, players won’t get to see the actual RTP listed in the game paytable because it’s typically not provided. Your best bet is to check out comparative statics at online casinos. That way, you know approximately what to expect at a land-based casino.
- Set a budget and stick to it. There are ATM machines on cruise ships but use them sparingly. Designate a budget in cash and bring it with you on the ship. Avoid credit cards, personal checks, and bank cards. While gambling is fun, you don’t want to be staring at a gaping hole in your bank account. Draw cash and limit your budget accordingly.
- If you get there early, you can usually snag a good parking spot near the entrance. With
hundreds, or even thousands of passengers at any given time, you’ll be well pleased that you can avoid the traffic on your way home.
- Bathroom breaks, hand sanitizer, nutrition, and a little exercise go a long way during your casino cruise adventures. Take advantage of the fact that you are aboard a cruise ship.Walk around the different deck levels and familiarise yourself with the ship as best as possible. That way, you get a complete casino experience, not simply a couple of hours of fun at the casino.