of Founder’s Focus Introducing entrepreneurs and innovators working on next-generation start-ups, social enterprises, and small businesses.
at a glance
Founders: Mo Eltaib, Chris Teneza, Pradeep Chhetri
Established: May 2020
Could you tell us a little bit about your business?
We are here to revolutionize a multi-billion dollar shaving industry that has been neglected for nearly 70 years.
We’ve found the intersection between grooming and skin care with our 100% natural, IP protected formula.
Shaving is tantamount to frustration, or at least that’s what we’ve collectively decided to embrace.
From our own experience and from our early testers who are now customers, the most common problems plaguing the shaving industry are:
- dry skin
- ingrown hair
- nasty chemicals
- market monopoly
- Wrong requirements for multiple products
The brands behind this age are widely known. Besides being in such a position, they have one more thing in common. All of these require the consumer to use multiple products to achieve an irritation-free shave.
Preshave, shave cream, aftershave and moisturizer in one. That’s our solution.
Introducing Cutly, the best thing that ever happened to shaving. Available in scented and unscented options, it’s suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin, underlying skin conditions, and aging skin concerns.
So why use Cutly?
- Made with 100% Natural Ingredients
- Cutly replaces entire routines
- Our products are suitable for all skin types
- We focus on protecting and enriching your skin
- Cutly is scented with essential oils that promote skin health.
- And the best part is that it’s made right here in Aotearoa.
What is the background of your business idea?
After countless products from countless brands failed to deliver on the promise of convenient shaving, we decided to take matters into our own hands and solve the problem with our trusty mixing bowl. I vowed to
With the mixing bowl out, we headed to all the organic shops for ingredients.
After 90 mixes (I honestly stopped counting at the 88th mix), we finally have a blend that won’t melt in hot weather and freeze like a popsicle in winter.
The first 30 batches were made in the garage during the winter.
The weather was cold, so the ingredients solidified before mixing. The same mixture turns into oil at room temperature. After 60 different blends, he finally found the natural ingredients that help maintain texture consistency.
What programs, learning, and teaching have helped you so far?
- We have worked with many at CEDA, Callaghan Innovations and The Factory.
- I also received advice and guidance from my business coach (Jeff Cruickshank).
- There are many books that can help you on your founder’s journey, but my top three are The Lean Startup (Eric Ries), Growth IQ (Tiffani Bova), and Outwitting the Devil (Napoleon Hill).
Working on something new, interesting, or important? Join our Founders Community. Tell us about your venture here.
https://nzentrepreneur.co.nz/cutly/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=cutly Cutly – New Zealand Entrepreneur Magazine