A man allegedly threw two female tourists off a bridge into a ravine at a German castle and sexually assaulted one of them.
A 21-year-old girl was killed in a raid on Neuschwanstein Castle in southern Germany’s southern state of Bavaria, while her friend fell more than 160 feet with serious injuries, according to local media.
BR Public Broadcasting said the suspect had been arrested, citing a prosecutor’s announcement.
Prosecutors said the women met a man on a bridge overlooking the world-famous castle, who led them to a path.
German media reported that the brawl erupted after a man sexually assaulted a 21-year-old boy. When the 22-year-old stepped in, the man decapitated her and threw her 50 meters into a ravine below her, reports said.
The man then strangled the 21-year-old woman and shoved her as well, BR reported.
He added that he was arrested Wednesday afternoon after a large police operation involving 25 emergency vehicles and taken to the nearby police station in Huessen.
About 105 miles southwest of Munich, Neuschwanstein Castle is one of Europe’s most popular destinations.
It is estimated that around 1.4 million people visit the castle annually, with an average of over 6,000 people visiting the castle daily in the summer.
State attorneys did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/300906794/man-throws-female-tourists-off-castle-bridge-into-ravine.html A man throws a female tourist off a castle bridge into a ravine