Gordon Ramsay lost £ 55m during a coronavirus pandemic as 35 restaurants across the country leaked cash.
TV chefs and restaurant owners have seen the hospitality industry confused because of blockades 1, 2, and 3.
“In December we wiped out £ 10m worth of bookings overnight,” he told The Sun exclusively from his London home across Zoom.
“From March 19th to February 3rd this year, sales were down by £ 57.5m.
Gordon currently has 18 restaurants throughout London, with five more restaurants scheduled to open once it returns to normal, and 17 more restaurants around the world.
“The blockade caused complete devastation,” he said.
“We’ve experienced so much in the 2008 financial crisis, the terrorist attacks that followed, and the 9/11 attacks that Covid first struck, so we all thought it would end and end in a few weeks. It was.
“But it was a long distance.”
He was forced to adopt a government severance plan to save hundreds of jobs across the country.
“It’s very difficult to keep young people motivated, and I feel pressured to give hope, especially to young staff, and the feeling that they can get out of it,” he said.
“There were so many tears, those at the end of their wisdom.”
Despite using the Farraf scheme, he hit his own bank balance after opening three new restaurants last year.
“Since 1998, when I started, I’ve always returned my money to business,” he said.
“I was never greedy, I was always very, very generous.
“I’m criticized for being wealthy, but my shoulder responsibility-a livelihood at stake-is huge.
“I feel the pressure so much that all these effects are devastating and incredibly costly.”
Bank balances start Wednesday night at 9 pm on BBC One.
“Ravaged” Gordon Ramsay revealed that he lost £ 55m during the Covid crisis after opening three restaurants last year.
Source link “Ravaged” Gordon Ramsay revealed that he lost £ 55m during the Covid crisis after opening three restaurants last year.