World

New South Wales Police has issued a formal statement from a female friend who claims that Christian Porter raped her | Christian Porter

New South Wales Police has issued a formal statement from a longtime friend of a woman who claimed she had been raped. Christian porterHowever, the investigation claims to remain closed.

In response to a New South Wales estimate, police said James Hook, a 30-year friend of both Macquarie Bank’s managing director, Porter and his whistleblower, was known to them as far back as July. However, he revealed that he did not want to make a statement until recently, “he understood why the investigation was completed.”

Porter was accused of raping a 16-year-old woman at the age of 17 in January 1988. Violently deny the claim..

March 12 hook Published and revealed that he had a “related discussion” With Porter’s accuser of “From mid-1988 to her death” in June 2020, and Porter after 1992.

The exposure prevented New South Wales Police Commissioner Mick Fuller from filing a complaint with New South Wales Police before his death in June 2020. I promised to re-examine the case that was closed when I said it. ..

In answering a supplementary question regarding the NSW Estimates notification, NSW police revealed that the victim’s friend had an email from Hooke that he forwarded shortly after her death on July 2. ..

“Mr. Hook wasn’t copied to the email forwarded to the investigator, not his own matching email investigator,” police said.

Hook was copied to a further email to the New South Wales Police Force on March 2 and 4, and finally called on March 5. “The first opportunity for Mr. Hook to come into contact with his own agreement.”

“During this discussion, Mr. Hook did not want to discuss the victim’s allegations and wanted to let the investigators know why the investigation was terminated.”

New South Wales police explained that Hook believes that “the victim no longer wants to continue her report and mentions that subsequent investigations have ended.”

“In addition, he rang to thank the investigators for the support and respect shown to the victims.”

Victims said they did not receive a statement from Hooke because “in most historical sexual assault investigations, the first statement is usually the victim’s statement,” New South Wales police said. “I couldn’t get any more witness statements.”

However, on March 12, Hooke announced that “the intelligence investigator was not informed,” NSW police said.

In his statement, Hook said: [her] family.I am also worried about happiness Christian porter.. I have known them all for about 30 years. We all find ourselves in a very upset time.

“My stuff is just a pair of memories, and I’m aware of human memory errors, but it’s unintentional. That said, I’m clear of the relevant arguments I had. I have something that I think is a good memory [the woman] For years from mid-1988 to her death.

“I also have what I consider to be a clear memory of the relevant discussions that took place with Christian Porters from April 1992 to the mid-1990s.”

Porter hasn’t been in contact with the victim since January 1988, and only noticed a “rumor” in November with the “vague word” that “somehow offended the person 33 years ago.” Said.

In their response, New South Wales police revealed that Hook issued a formal statement on March 17 and 22.

“This statement provided by Mr. Hook does not change the position of the New South Wales Police Force. The investigation remains complete.”

“On June 23, 2020, the victim clearly communicated to the investigator that he was unable to proceed with the report … the investigator will continue to respect this request.”

The response also includes details of the alleged victim’s involvement with the New South Wales Police Force. New South Wales Police said [police] And victims. “

“There was only one application made by Strike Force Windara for a trip to South Australia,” police said. “This application was filed on March 10, 2020 and was rejected on March 13, 2021.”

New South Wales police held a conference call on April 2, 2020, during which time “victims refused to provide investigators with a copy of their diary and notes.”

Hooke said Porter was entitled to a presumption of innocence “in connection with criminal charges”, but “under the oath in a properly convened investigation” on “an important non-criminal aspect of the matter.” I also suggested “to testify.”

Scott Morrison categorically refused and declared to call such an inquiry Porter is “an innocent man under our law”..

Instead, South Australian coroners will consider whether suspicion of sexual assault should be included in the potential investigation into the death of a woman.

Porter launched Defamation proceedings against ABC and Louise MilliganIf it goes to trial and broadcasters and investigative journalists call for the defense of the truth, it may also test the claim.

Porter has been Modified from the Attorney General’s portfolio You lose your position as a leader in science and technology and in your home.

New South Wales Police has issued a formal statement from a female friend who claims that Christian Porter raped her | Christian Porter

Source link New South Wales Police has issued a formal statement from a female friend who claims that Christian Porter raped her | Christian Porter

Back to top button