(HealthDay News)-Toddlers are so curious that they are naturally drawn to an unmanned pool. It’s a tragic recipe.
The Poolsafety.gov website states that pool owners need to take the following precautions to keep curious young people safe:
- Install at least 4 fences around the pool or spa Feet It is high at the self-latch gate.
- Install a lockable safety cover over the pool.
- If it acts as a wall around the pool, install a door alarm and window guard on the back of the house.
- Equip the pool with a gate and pool alarm to let you know if your child is going near the pool.
- Make sure that the pool drains are compliant and that the pool cover does not need to be repaired.
- Use underwater alarms or surface waves for additional protection.
Copyright © 2014 Health Day. all rights reserved.
Health Tips: Keep Young People Outside the Pool
Source link Health Tips: Keep Young People Outside the Pool