Cricket commentator Simon Doull said Pakistani and New Zealand fans need to fully disclose information about the magnitude of the security threat that led to the cancellation of the tour.
In an earlier tweet today, former Blackcap said his idea lies with cricket fans in both countries.
But he said NZ Cricket needs to give what he calls a full disclosure of security threats.
Daul’s comment follows a British report that appears to confirm that the Blackcap was the target of the attack.
The Daily Mail reported that the New Zealanders’ decision to cancel the tour “followed information from the Australian, Canadian, New Zealand, British and US intelligence agencies Five Eyes.”
Pakistan has focused on the disappointment of fans and players, but the British media is wondering if the tour can go on in the future.
“It is unlikely that the ECB board meeting on Saturday will allow men and women to fly to Rawalpindi next month because the New Zealand team is the target of the threat,” the Daily Mail report said in England. Described the chances of a tour of New Zealand. Country.
Pakistan’s Dawn News website reports disappointment among fans, many of whom use Twitter to condemn the decision to withdraw from Blackcaps.
Among those quoted is sports journalist Roha Nadim, who tweeted that Pakistani fans had to question how good New Zealand’s sources were. ?? “
“… the world went as if nothing had happened, but for some reason traveling to Pakistan is a trip to Mordor.”
Dawn also said politicians are seeking a decision to be challenged by the world cricket group.
Mohammad Zveil, a senior opposition leader, said there was no reason to cancel the tour when security was “absolutely certain” and suggested that Pakistan should file a protest.
Pakistan’s high-speed bowler Shoaib Akhtar tweeted that New Zealand “just killed Pakistan cricket” and Pakistan toured the country during the ongoing Covid-19 crisis to New Zealand in a Christchurch mosque attack. It reminded Blackcaps that he was standing strong.
He also pointed out that Pakistan has been a safe host of South Africa, Bangladesh, the West Indies, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe in recent years.
Pakistani troops and police officers stand at one of the entrances to the Pindi Cricket Stadium. Photo / AP
Ottoman Samiudin, one of the best cricket writers and game historian in Pakistan, said the Pakistan Cricket Commission could reverse efforts to normalize cricket tours. Said he was concerned.
In an article on Cricinfo, Samiuddin said the board was dissatisfied because NZ Cricket seemed happy with the deal.
“Nevertheless, PCBs and Pakistani authorities have tried many times, but no information about the threat has been shared, providing multiple reassurances regarding visitor safety and national level security. I’m dissatisfied with the fact that they are deaf.
“They also claimed that NZC security advisors in the field, who advised NZC to rely on to make this decision, were confident in the security arrangements Pakistan had made for the tour. Within the last 36 hours. The threat was revealed, but the New Zealand side still started training the day before the match. “
Samiudin cites a Rawalpindi police recommendation saying the threat was issued earlier this week.
“It’s not clear if this is a recommendation that NZC has acted on. The PCB said New Zealand knew of two events in the city: the religious procession mentioned in local elections and police recommendations. Said. Avoided them.
“The discussion between the PCB and NZC did not consider switching venues to a neutral country, mainly because it was late. In any case, the UAE, where Pakistan has been in exile for nearly a decade, hosts the IPL. doing.”
Wisden, known as the Cricket Bible, says the rumors of the matter began before Toss and neither side took him to the field for preparation. The first media reported that it was due to a Covid-19 issue, but it soon became apparent that the delay was due to security concerns.
Nevertheless, Wisden points out that Pakistan was working hard to overcome the security issues of the tour.
“Recently, cricket’s return to Pakistan has accelerated. From 2009 to 2019, few international cricket were held domestically after a terrorist attack on a Sri Lankan team bus during a test series.
“Since then, the team has begun to return more often, with the entire Pakistan Super League in 2020 taking place in the country, and Sri Lanka returning at the end of 2019, conducting the first tests in the country for over a decade. “
The Times of India grew up on that story, pointing out that this is the first abandoned tour since the international team resumed touring Pakistan in 2019.
The question now is whether England, where top teams attract lucrative television rights, will continue its proposed Pakistan tour for several weeks.
The Times of London said England’s cricket authorities were “set” to cancel.
Telegraph said the tour was “serious suspicion.”
The Guardian, however, said New Zealand’s cancellation would leave an England tour to Pakistan to play the T-20 ahead of the world’s T-20 Championship at the “Knife Edge”.
A spokesman for the English Cricket Commission told them that it would take a weekend to analyze the situation and said he had contacted security experts in the field.
The Guardian also said it might result in the attitude of England’s T-20 captain Eion Morgan.
“The ECB may take a different stance than its New Zealand counterparts and decide that the tour is feasible, but its fate may still depend on the player. Previously on the 2016 tour The view of Morgan, the Almighty Men’s Captain who chose to miss Bangladesh is probably key because of security concerns. “
New Zealand’s cricket said in a statement last night that the tour had to be canceled with a decision backed by Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern.
Fans need to know more about the threat to Blackcaps
Source link Fans need to know more about the threat to Blackcaps