Friday, January 14, 2022 (HealthDay News)
Experts outline ways to reduce the risk of infection as Omicron variants rampant across the United States COVID-19 (new coronavirus infection)..
Dr. Michael Lin, an infectious disease specialist and associate professor at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, pays attention to social activities and considers the magnitude of the risk of accepting to get together with others.
“Whenever people get together indoors, there is an inherent risk of the virus spreading,” Lin said in a hospital news release.
You can reduce the risk of infection or serious illness by limiting it to small gatherings and ensuring that everyone, if qualified, is fully vaccinated and encouraged.
For indoor gatherings, anyone over the age of 2 should Please wear a mask that fits.. It is especially important to wear a mask if your immunity is weak, even if you are vaccinated.
“In the case of immunodeficiency, we know that even if you take a shot, it may not be completely protected,” Lin said.
The safest way to connect with others is to hold a virtual gathering.
If you are thinking of going to a restaurant, you should:
- Avoid crowded and poorly ventilated areas where you cannot keep a social distance.
- Choose a time that is not crowded.
- If there are too many people, look for another restaurant or choose takeaway.
- Wear a suitable mask when you are not eating or drinking.
- Wash your hands frequently or use a hand sanitizer.
- If you are in a community where you need to show your patrons proof that you have been vaccinated, bring your vaccination card or keep a copy on your mobile phone.
- Choose your dinner companion carefully. Most of the risks come not necessarily from those who eat at other tables, but from those who are sitting at your table if they come from other households.
With grocery shopping running Other errands tend to be less risky than eating at a restaurant. If you are at risk of serious illness, consider going out during the least crowded hours of the store, such as early morning.
Traveling is a challenge as it is difficult to stay with at least 6 people Feet Apart from strangers at airports, train stations, planes and trains. You also need to assess the risks at your destination.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Prevention Offer COVID-19 rate by county..
Whatever you do, the best protection during the Omicron Serge is to be vaccinated and boosted, but it’s important to remember that. vaccination “It’s not 100% effective, so breakthrough infections are seen, especially in Omicron variants,” Lin said.
“But in general, breakthrough infections are mild to vaccinated people, vaccination It does a great job of preventing severe infections and death. “
For more information
Source: Rush University Medical Center, News Release, January 12, 2022
Copyright © 2021 Health Day. all rights reserved.
Are you worried about Omicron?Provides tips for professionals to go out safely
Source link Are you worried about Omicron?Provides tips for professionals to go out safely